Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good things come in boxes

This latest fan letter was sent to us all the way from Malta, Europe:

I have just finished drinking one of your 8-sided boxes of white wine. I would like to say that I found your wine extremely refreshing and having a bouquet which is amazing for a wine which comes in a tetra pack and not glass bottled. I also have to point out that I bought the wine from my supermarket for EURO 8.78 which is roughly equivalent to 91 RAND. This makes your wine CHEAPER than TWO leading Maltese white bottle wines which are very popular here in Malta. Again congratulations from a very satisfied customer. Regards. Henry A. De Marco

Thanks for the fantastic feedback, Henry! This letter just goes to show - never judge a wine by its packaging!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

For many years my husband and I have only drunk Namaqua Rose. Lately every single box that we buy has lots of sediment towards the end of the box. We did complain a couple of months ago and all credit to the company the boxes were replaced. It is very embarrasing to have to keep on complaining about this. At one stage we had 8 boxes in the pantry which we were going to report, but felt uncomfortable doing so. But once again tonight (06/09/2011) we have yet again another box that has sediment. Is there a problem with the filter system or are all the bad batches being sent to George. Maybe we should start looking for another medium bodied Rose.